Just like any girl out there, I love using lip balms. Whenever I feel my lips chapped or a little dry, I just swipe one layer of lip balm and everything feels moisturizing again. However, I never really find a good lip balm for me because I like to use certain flavors. That’s how I came up with this version of lip balm that it is just perfect for me. Thus, if you would like to experiment with a customized lip balm, keep reading. This article will show you the recipe for a fantastic natural DIY peppermint lip balm.
Before getting into the instructions, make sure you have all the ingredients handy:
– 3 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons of shea butter
– 30 drops of peppermint essential oil
– 1 teaspoon of mica powder
– a small jar container
– a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan for bain-marie and a spatula.
Let’s see the instruction so you can get the perfect peppermint lip balm:
1. First off, you need to melt the beeswax pastilles, the shea butter and the coconut oil in the small glass bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water. Make sure you are stirring constantly so the ingredients will melt completely.
2. Then, remove the saucepan from the heat but keep over the glass bowl so the mixture keeps melting.
3. Follow up with adding the peppermint essential oil. However, if you have other preferences, you can definitely use other essential oils in the same quantity.
4. For an amazingly natural shimmer, you can now mix in the mica powder and stir everything very well.
5. Do not let the mixture sit too much because it will harden. Hence, once it is cool down enough, just transfer it to your small jar container.
5. Then, let it sit for an additional hour or two at the room temperature until cooled and hardened completely.
Now it is ready to use. Another tip I have for you is that if you want a thicker consistency, you can easily add an extra teaspoon or two of beeswax. Have fun with it and enjoy your moisturized lips!