Since I have long hair, I definitely know the battle of brushing it all too well. There are certain times when brushing is even harder because I managed to grow my hair until it got to my waist. Hence, you can imagine the struggle. Thus, I was really in need of a good hair detangling spray to help me with this. Keep reading and find out how can you also do it in the comfort of your home, a simple DIY with natural ingredients!
I also should confess that I was never a fan of store-bought detangling sprays. They contain quite a lot of chemicals I can’t even mention. That was the sign for me and I would definitely not want different chemicals on my hair. Trying to keep it as healthy as possible I figured I should make my own spray. And I don’t even need much for it to be great.
This recipe is amazing because you will be using only natural ingredients. Thus, you will be able to avoid the preservatives, parabens, and heavy fragrances that come in with commercial products for hair. Hence, without further ado, let’s get the recipe!
The ingredients you will need to make this hair detangling spray are:
– 3 tablespoons of marshmallow root
– 1 1/2 cups of distilled water
– 2 tablespoons of conditioner of choice
– 10+ drops of essential oil: lavender and rosemary oils
– and a 12 oz spray bottle
Check out the instructions and everything will turn out great:
1. Start off by boiling the marshmallow root in water, using a small saucepan.
2. Then, you should reduce the heat and let the solution simmer for 30 minutes.
3. after that time has passed, allow it to cool slightly and strain it through a cheesecloth.
4. While still warm, pour into the bottle and add conditioner and essential oils.
5. Lastly, shake it well, until everything is mixed. You should also shake the bottle before each use!
Now, you can store it for up to 2 months and use it on your damp hair. Furthermore, this is also great to use on your kids too.