It is so easy to make your own facial soap that I wish I would’ve thought about it sooner. The first time I tried it, I never looked back since. It is amazing to know that your face is fully hydrated and taken care of with natural ingredients. Thus, I want to share with you my special recipe for facial soap using a fantastic ingredient such as activated charcoal. Keep reading and see how you can make your own DIY facial soap, you will see how simple it is.
When you are making a DIY soap, it is very important to know the exact weight of ingredients. Hence, make sure you use a digital scale and be precise. Let’s get into it.
These are very important supplies you should have handy before starting to make the DIY facial soap:
– a slow-cooker
– a digital scale
– some glass jars and bowls
– a stick blender
– plastic cups
– a metal spoon
– a wooden spoon
– a spatula
– gloves and eyewear
– and a large bottle of white vinegar
Here you have the ingredients you need. Make sure you scale them exactly to have a successful DIY facial soap:
– 170 grams of filtered water
– 60 grams of lye
– 180 grams of Coconut Oil
– 180 grams of Olive Oil
– 90 grams of Castor Oil
– 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal powder
– 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay powder
– about 1 ounce of lavender and tea tree essential oils
Follow the instruction exactly and you will get the perfect facial soap with activated charcoal:
1. Add the oils in liquid form to the slow cooker. Turn it on high just until oils heat up. Then, reduce to low heat. Now, you can also add the clay and the activated charcoal. Incorporate them well, using a stick blender for mixing.
2. At this point, carefully measure the lye and water separately. Pour the water into a larger glass jar and then slowly add the lye to the water. Make sure you use gloves and eye protection. Also, it is very important you keep this order, you should not add the water to the lye. Then, simply stir carefully with a metal spoon and don’t make contact with the liquid directly.
3. You will notice as you stir, that there will be a cloudy white mixture that gets really hot. Hence, you need to let it cool down for about 10 minutes. You will notice it is cooled down when the mixture becomes clear.
4. When the oils have reached 120-130 degrees F, slowly pour the mixture of water and lye and stir very well with a wooden spoon.
5. Once it is completely mixed, use the stick blender to blend for about 4-5 minutes. Now it should get opaque and thick.
6. Cover and keep on low heat to thicken even further. Set the timer for 15 minutes and check it every 15 minutes until it is ready. It should be completely ready in about 40 minutes and the entire surface should get bubbly.
7. Now, just turn the heat off and remove the crock. Add the essential oils for scent and mix again.
8. This is very important, you should quickly and carefully spoon the mixture into molds and cover them with parchment paper. Let them cool off in a dry place for about 24 hours.
9. Then, take the soap out of the molds and you can use it right away.
It has worked great for me, it is a fantastic facial soap is commercial ones gives you dry skin.