I used to love natural body lotions to make my skin smoother. However, I never seem to get the right quantity because I would always get too much liquid to handle. Not to mention, liquid lotions never get into my skin as I wanted them to. Hence, I figure out this solution, a lotion bar. Who would have thought this would turn out to be so much better than the liquid one. Hence, if you are in the same situation and you would like to try out a lotion bar, keep reading. It is easy to make and will work better on your skin. Here is an article on how to make your own natural DIY lotion bar for smooth skin.
And I know, I could buy lotion bars at the store. However, I don’t like the uncertainty of the containing ingredients. Not to mention, I love to personalize my lotion bar with different essential oils so they can smell how I prefer. Furthermore, I know exactly what is in my product which is a big plus on this aspect.
Hence, as I said before, there are different ways you can adapt this lotion bar recipe for yourself. Here is just my approach with favorite ingredients.
Here’s the list of ingredients for my homemade natural lotion bar:
– 1 cup of coconut oil
– you can use 1 cup of mixing shea butter, cocoa butter, and mango butter
– 1 cup of beeswax
– essential oils of choice, I would be using lavender and lemon
– and 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
Just follow these instructions closely and you will have your lotion bar in no time:
1. First off, you should combine the coconut oil, the cup with shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter, and the cup of beeswax in a quart-size glass mason jar. Then, place the jar in a small saucepan of water until you get all the ingredients above to melt.
2. Make sure you stir them constantly so you can get a melt and smooth consistency.
3. The next step would be removing the jar from the heat and let it cool down.
4. Now you can also add the lavender and lemon essential oils and the vitamin E oil.
5. Gently stir again so you can make sure the essential oils are incorporated.
6. After they cooled down, you can now pour the mixture into molds carefully. You can use any type of mold, but personally, I love how they turned out on the silicone baking cups. The fact that the mold is made of silicone is going to make it easier for you to take them out of the mold. So you can consider some silicone molds.
7. Lastly, wait for the lotion bars to cool down completely before taking them out of the molds.
And that it. The way these lotion bars work is when using them, you won’t take as much lotion as you would with the liquid ones. The warmth of your hands will take only the quantity necessary. The same will work for your body too. I hope this recipe helped you, you can even make this into beautiful gifts for dear ones.