I think that a natural oral health routine is beneficial for the whole family. Boosting our oral health means a healthy lifestyle. For this, I personally wanted to do a DIY natural mouthwash. However, most of the commercial mouthwashes are not quite efficient anymore, being filled with a lot of chemicals and artificial colors or flavors. Thus, a homemade version was long overdue. Using only natural ingredients can only mean one thing, natural cleansing, and healthy gums. Hence, if you are looking for a healthier version, check out in this article how to make your own DIY natural mouthwash solution.
You will feel how good this natural mouthwash cleanses and freshens your mouth. Furthermore, it will also kill the germs and alkalize the mouth naturally. Thus, you can switch anytime to this recipe but let me tell you why.
The ingredients are the most natural alternatives you can benefit from. For example, cloves have antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. As a paste or an oil, using cloves will help you tremendously with pain soothing for a toothache or minor cavities. Moreover, the peppermint will contribute with its mint flavor, but also with its cooling and antibacterial properties. Furthermore, plantain is antibacterial and antimicrobial and is highly used in speeding wound healing. Lastly, the rosemary will also soothe sore gums. Thus, what’s not to like about these ingredients? Check the recipe down below.
For this natural mouthwash, you will need the following ingredients:
– 8 ounces of vodka
– 1 tsp of clove powder
– 2 tablespoons of dried peppermint leaves
– 2 tablespoons of dried plantain leaves
– 1 Tablespoon of rosemary leaves
– 15 drops of peppermint essential oil
Check out the instructions:
1. First off, start by adding all the leaves into a mason jar and pour boiling water over them. You just need a little hot water so you can dampen all the leaves to get their benefits and properties.
2. The next step would be to add the vodka into the same glass jar where you have the herbs and hot water.
3. Thus, cover the glass jar tightly and place it in a cool dark place for 3 weeks. However, don’t forget about it, you have to shake the jar every day so you can infuse the herbs into the alcohol.
4. Then, after 3 weeks have passed, use a very fine mesh to strain the herbs out of the mixture. You will only need the solution so you can discard the herbs.
5. Now, pour the solution into a small bottle and add the essential oils. Close off the lid and shake again very well.
That’s all. To use this properly, add 20 drops to a small cup of water when you need to wash your mouth. Furthermore, if you need even more cleansing, you could add 40 drops of this natural mouthwash to a half and half mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water. Swish for 30 seconds and get the amazing oral health.