Fever represents a protective response of our body in case of infection. Some processes that suppress the growth of microbes start in the body. These processes can cause dysfunction and activate the production of interferon.
If the fever is very high and convulsions start, then it must necessarily be reduced.
Paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen have a number of side effects, affecting the stomach and the liver.
Their administration can be made only after consulting the pediatrician. Your child’s fever can be reduced with the help of natural remedies, which are totally harmless.
1. Mix vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 3. Soak a piece of cotton in this solution and wipe your child’s forehead, joints, palms and soles.
2. Apply vinegar compress on the forehead and change it when heated. Let your child watch cartoons to bear these procedures easier.
3. Drinking plenty of fluids causes sweating and lowers the fever faster.
4. Vent the room. Air must circulate around the room. Cool air is welcome.
5. Dress your child in light clothing.
You must consider the fact that children are different: some bear the fever easier, but others don’t. It is important to keep in mind that you can lower the fever only in case of flushed cheeks and ears.
If the fever intensifies and its origin is not clear, then contact your doctor immediately.
Image Credits: Parents